Monday, May 26, 2008

I Get Questions....

Bloggers generally try to be helpful. They usually have an agenda that they believe will benefit humanity.
So in the name of bettering our species, I'm going to post a few of the search engine inquiries that have guided people to this site. According to my Statcounter, many were phrased in the form of a question, as if Google worked like a "Magic 8-Ball".
It doesn't.
I've given links to the post they were directed to, plus I'll try to give a better answer than I provided in the original post, if I gave one at all. I'm deleting a few numbers from each server address just to protect the privacy of the questioners....Here goes.

h149..40.69.ip.alltel.net (Alltel Communications Of North Carolina) [Label IP Address]

North Carolina, Matthews, United States, 0 returning visit

Date Time WebPage
26th May 2008 21:11:49 www.search.com/search?q=i went to a nascar race and now my ears are ringing how do i stop it

thewhitedsepulchre.blogspot.com/2008/04/texas-motor-speedway-samsung-500-my.html

This person, a North Carolinian from the cradle of NASCAR, went to a race and wants ME to explain how to stop his ears from ringing.
The short answer: it can't be done. When I went to the race that I blogged about above, my host gave me some earplugs shortly after we sat down. Take some with you next time.

76-14-0-12.sf-cable.astound.net (Wave Broadband) [Label IP Address]

California, San Mateo, United States, 0 returning visit

Date Time WebPage
26th May 2008 19:33:04 www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=when will recession be over&btnG=Google Search
thewhitedsepulchre.blogspot.com/2008/05/recession-is-over.html

When will the recession be over? There isn't one. All the talk of a recession was designed to increase Guvmint control over the economy, and give politicians a reason to do something, anything, other than leave everything alone. Which, of course, would be the most helpful course of action. (I still don't have my stimulus check....Just an FYI to the Keynesians out there.)

c-76-1-164-190.hsd1.pa.comcast.net (Comcast Cable Communications Inc) [Label IP Address]

Pennsylvania, Canonsburg, United States, 0 returning visit

Date Time WebPage
26th May 2008 05:31:39 search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&p=can gunpowder be attracted to a magnet&
thewhitedsepulchre.blogspot.com/

I've gotten a lot of people wondering about this....
Somebody in Canonsburg PA wants to know if gunpowder can be attracted to a magnet.
They've obviously seen that waste of an Indiana Jones movie.
The answer is "no". But in the movie, gunpowder, light fixtures, and swords are attracted to magnets. Gun barrels are not.
A friend of mine suggested that I pay attention to how quickly peoples' shirts dry off around the waterfall. I don't plan on seeing the movie again, but thought I'd throw that suggestion out there.
Here's another one:

pool-96-22-188-193.tampfl.fios.verizon.net (Verizon Internet Services Inc) [Label IP Address]

United States, 0 returning visit

Date Time WebPage
25th May 2008 21:59:49 www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=barr libertarian not

thewhitedsepulchre.blogspot.com/2008/05/bob-barr-libertarian-for-president-why.html

Barr Libertarian Not?
I agree. Barr Libertarian Not.

This has been a public service of The Whited Sepulchre Outreach Ministry.

No comments: