Sunday, April 8, 2012

On Rootgate

Semi-Libertarian sports handicapper Wayne Allyn Root has managed to stick his foot in it again. 

Drop in on Hammer Of Truth for details. 

I think the important thing now is to make sure Obama is not elected,and that means in my mind, I would love for a libertarian like Gary Johnson the two term governor of New Mexico would actually get elected President, but I think we all know that’s not going to happen so therefore it’s got to be Romney there is no choice.
Root is a fun guy, a nice guy.  John Spivey and I once spent a pleasant evening someplace in Austin drinking most of the free beer that Root had iced down in his bathtub.  He's still shaking off the Republicanism, but I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in (to quote LBJ out of context). 

Go here to read Root's obligatory backpedaling. 

I know about a dozen Libertarians who are headed to the National Convention (in Vegas, BTW) with pitchforks and torches. 

2 comments:

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

I'm hoping to get my pitchfork past TSA at the airport somehow. The torch I can just buy in Vegas.

Fester said...

Root is a big dummy. I would drink his beer, but would never support him.