Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Obama Tire Pressure Gauge



The Republicans and John McCain are hammering Obama's suggestion that Americans keep their tires properly inflated, and are passing out Obama air pressure gauges like the one shown above. Obama claims that this would save more oil than would be produced by additional wells.
Perhaps that's true. Perhaps it isn't.
But I already keep my tires properly inflated.
Granted, if everyone else did so, it would decrease the demand for oil.

I continue to be amazed at the groups who are anti-globalization except when it comes to oil.
I get a kick out of the politicians who slam the oil industry for excess profits (which are less than those of the finance or technology industries), but continue to give tax breaks and subsidies to oil companies.
Why not eliminate all this posturing, stop grandstanding, cease the bribing and lobbying, end the Sale Of Indulgences, and let people drill if they think they can make some money drilling?

3 comments:

Sew daze said...

Bastards...Give me a tire gauge.

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

A few things:
- Oil supply is a part of the problem/demand is another - but not talked about much... the US $ buys less of EVERYTHING due to insane fiscal policy manipulations by the Fed.

- Non-Government induced or forced improvements. I think that the profit motive will continue to spur on electric/air powered/Nuke energy sources. It was profit motive and not the government that moved us off of whale oil and onto oil/gas.

By the way, when I say "air powered"- I'm talking about something like this: http://zeropollutionmotors.us/

Anonymous said...

got any spare gauges lying around? I want to use them to open some Gulf oysters.