* President-elect Obama has resigned his Senate seat. There is a big vote coming up on the bailout of the Big 3 automakers. Obama's trend of voting "present", or not voting at all, continues.... Mr. President, there are no more rungs on the ladder. There's no point in carefully preserving your record of neutrality any longer. Do something. (Nawwww. I take that back. Please don't do anything.)
* California needs a bailout. Detroit needs a bailout. Wall Street needs a bailout. A.I.G. (headquartered in New York City) needs a bailout. Are there any bailout candidates that aren't located in the traditionally Blue states? Just wondering.
* The United Auto Workers spent upwards of 80 million dollars on this election. The unions are pushing for something called "Card Check", which does away with the secret ballot when voting whether or not to unionize. Is there any rationale for doing this other than bringing fear and intimidation into the picture?
* Grey's Anatomy, the prime time hospital soap opera, has ended its Hot Lesbian Doctors storyline. One of the characters has since been written out of the series. Why aren't people rioting in the streets?
* Obama plans to nominate Eric Holder, someone that I seem to remember favorably from the Clinton years, for Attorney General. But according to the Newsweek blog, "The only hesitancy about Holder’s selection was that he himself had reservations about going through a confirmation process that was likely to revive questions about his role in signing off on the controversial pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich. Although there is no evidence that Holder actively pushed the pardon, he was criticized for not raising with the White House the strong objections that some Justice Department lawyers and federal prosecutors in New York had to pardoning somebody who had fled the country." What do nominations like this one, plus the possibility that She Whose Name Is Not Spoken will be leading the State Department, do for those who bought into the "Change We Can Believe In" mantra?
* I have a Serbian friend who claims that everyone in Eastern Europe is telling their friends and relatives in the U.S. to get rid of their dollars. The currency is going to collapse in February. Mostly for reasons outlined here. Note to the dreaded secularists, secular humanists, and atheists....if this happens, it'll be a perfect moment to remove "In God We Trust" from the currency.