Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Let me get this straight

My mother sent me this today:

Let me get this straight.
Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it,
passed by a Congress that hasn't read it,
signed by a president who smokes,
funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes,
overseen by a surgeon general who is obese,
and financed by a country that is nearly broke.
What could possibly go wrong?

Mama, I'm not worried about it going wrong. I'm worried about what happens if it works exactly as planned.

2 comments:

NickM said...

Ah c'mon now Allen. It ain't that bad. We have the EU Lisbon Treaty which nobody understands (more grist to the mill for the civil servants in Brussels for all eternity).

Oh, and we're not getting any NHS reform at all. Stuck with that bugger for the rest of time too.

Anonymous said...

Wow. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree, did it?