Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day ! (30 years later edition)

I LOVE this video, which I found on Harper's site.
When I first started buying KISS 8-tracks in the late 1970's, my father had a good time making fun of the makeup and the costumes.
My mother just made faces, and said she couldn't believe I was enjoying that mess.
Various youth ministers (Hello, Danny White !) warned that KISS had satanic influences, and that there were documented instances of demonic possession during KISS concerts. 

Thirty years later.....
Here's KISS bassist and Lead Growlist Gene Simmons entertaining the troops, and leading a singalong of The Marine's Hymn, The Caissons Go Rolling Along, Anchors Aweigh, and Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder. 
He's backed up by the Marine drum and bugle corps. 
Simmons closes the patriotic medley with "God Bless America".  (Kate Smith made the song famous, but she's dead.  Do you think Gene Simmons will ever be known as the "God Bless America" singer?  Naw....It will never happen.) 
Anyway, this is a fun video.  It's funny how much difference 30 years can make.   
Hope you like it, and have a good Memorial Day. 

No comments: