Monday, April 15, 2013

A Hypothetical Question On Why You Took Your Income Tax Deductions

Thanks to heroic efforts on the part of Mrs. Sepulchre, we're going to get a $4.00 check (of our own money) back from Obama. 

We claimed every possible deduction.  Work mileage, political activism for non-profits, charitable deductions, and on and on and on. 

I don't speak for Mrs. Sepulchre on this website. 

But the reason I like to take every possible deduction is that I think I can spend my money better than Barack, Boehner, Reid, Rick Perry, and whichever Monsanto employees are running the FDA this week. 

I believe that every single dollar given to the U.S. government will be, at worst, spent on very bad things for very bad reasons, and at best, spent more inefficiently than it would be spent in the private sector. 

That's why Libertarians take every possible tax deduction. 

If you're not a Libertarian, what was your excuse for doing the exact same thing? 

No comments: