Check these folks out: Muslims Against Sharia
They've been commenting on my site for a while. They've re-translated The Koran, and arrived at a much less violent, much less divisive volume. They're taking the "Religion of Peace" thing very seriously over there.
Incidentally, my site is becoming an ecumenical hotbed of those with seemingly contradictory Blog names - see earlier links and commentary from The Progressive Baptist and the Bacon Eating Atheist Jew.
If Muslims can be against Sharia, and Baptists can be Progressive, and Jews can eat bacon, then I look forward to hearing from:
1) The Total Immersion Methodist
2) The Free Will Presbyterian
3) The Caffeinated Mormon
4) The Fundamentalist Unitarian
5) And last, The Episcopalian on Welfare
addition from the morning of January 17th....
6) I hope I get comments from The Flamboyant Quaker
7) The Gnostic Agnostic
8) The Anxious Buddhist
9) The Obscure Scientologist Who Has Never Been In A Movie