Michelle Malkin is live-blogging the
giveaway package Bailout Bill.
Worth perusing every couple of hours.
A few thoughts I've had today....
I know a lot of people who have defaulted on their mortgages - mostly employees going through divorces, dealing with addictions, or other circumstantial reasons. But the number doesn't seem higher than usual. Where are all of these millions of people who are losing their homes? Do you know many?
Regarding the inevitability of the
1) The people on Wall Street clamoring for this bailout, are they friends and contributors to various Congressmen and Senators?
2) Have Wall Street and the banks succesfully lobbied government for tariffs, quotas, tax breaks, loopholes, and other freebies?
3) Will this bailout increase the power of government?
4) Will most Americans continue to vote the way they've always voted?
5) Was the 700 billion dollar figure arbitrarily pulled out of someone's nether regions? Do you believe it's merely the amount they think they can loot from the treasury?
6) Do you believe that we're merely refilling more Golden Parachutes?
If you answered YES to all these questions, but haven't written or emailed your representatives yet, please email me. I want you to invest in this nice Nigerian Lady's project to get some money out of Africa.
If you don't have strong opinions on these questions, don't worry about it. "Dancing With The Stars" and "American Idol" will be into their new seasons soon.
Regardless of our opinions, we can kiss that money goodbye. Check out the National Debt Counter to your right. It's spinning like mad.
That's nothing. It's going to be whirring around like the odometer on Haley's Comet.