1) The police in the movie are portrayed realistically. They're ineffective. (One of my truck windows was vandalized a couple of nights ago. I didn't even bother to report it.)
2) "Kick Ass", the male lead, gets tired of being hassled, mugged and assaulted and decides on his own to do something about it.
3) "Hit Girl" is home schooled.
4) The public school that Kick Ass attends is portrayed realistically. In the opening sequence, he has to go through a gauntlet of metal detectors just to get in the door.
5) "Red Mist" smokes some weed but maintains his ability to drive.
6) The mandatory SUV that the villains use to pursue Kick Ass and Red Mist is a GMC. (Government Motors Corporation)
7) Hit Girl is a poster child for gun control. She hits what she aims at.
8) If you don't think a Personal Jet Propulsion Pack (with twin Gatlin guns) is cool, well, stay home. Watch Dancing With The Stars.