Wednesday, March 19, 2008

People I Think You'll Like

I took a liking to a blog called "Durango Texas" back when I got worked up over the eminent domain abuses of Jerry Jones. I linked to some of his rants, and Mr. Durango is now permanently over there in the blogroll someplace.

He liked some of what I wrote, and has linked back to it, along with some rare Whited Sepulchre artwork/graphic design artistry that I sent him. (We're now in such an elevated state of mutual admiration that it's just a matter of time before we create a church directory controversy....Sorry, Mr. Durango.....inside joke.)

It turns out he's a fellow Eastsider. He also has a stash of the most disturbing Clinton photographs I've ever seen. Worth perusing.

Another Fort Worth blog, "Food and Fort Worth, Texas" takes a look at Obama's "Race In America speech". We both disagree with Barack Obama on just about everything, but were overwhelmed by one heck of a speech yesterday. Check out his "Obama's Iron Shot Through The Trees". And this write-up/review of "Charlie's Pizza", the best pizza place on the East Side of Cowtown. Or any other side. The Future Aggie and I go there often.

2 comments:

Durango said...

You seem to have impeccable taste, which leads me to think I need to try Charlie's Pizza. I see that place every time I go to my local Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market and have heard previously they make good pizza. The building Charlie's Pizza is housed in just doesn't look all that appealling, but looks can be misleading. And thanks for the nice words about my blog.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Durango,
Give Charlie's a shot. It's good stuff. They've been there forever.
And next time you go into the Meadowbrook WM Neighborhood market, check out the Produce and Bakery displays.
They're manufactured by the company where I work. We do them nationwide. Excuse me, worldwide.