Friday, July 17, 2009

Why You Should Pray For The Continued Health Of Barack Obama

(CNSNews.com) – Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.


“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”

“We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said. “Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.” (Listen to Audio)Click here to read the rest.

A fresh coat of Whitening to The Kitten Accounting Corps for the link, and Theodore's World for the picture.

6 comments:

Sew daze said...

I have finally posted something kinda political.....come see...

http://thewhitedsepulchres.blogspot.com/

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

So - how many people have to die before a ranking member of the House Banking Committee gets to be President... and not Barney Frank! (Ron Paul, silly!)

Dr Ralph said...

You're in Blownstar (unfortunate name) with all your fellow Bloginistas and all you can do is trash Joe Biden for being an idiot?

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Dr.,
In this current environment, all I can only concentrate on the easiest of targets.

I believe you know that I have no love for the GOP at this point, but....can you imagine if Dan Quayle, S. Palin, or Bush the Lesser had said something like that?

Dr Ralph said...

Joe Biden has a compelling life story, but I'll be the first to admit he shouldn't be allowed in front of any sort of recording device. He's not the first VP with that unfortunate trait (please note: thus far I've not contradicted you).

Not that the following diminish his oral-podiatry gaffes in any way but consider:

"Vietnam is a jungle. You had jungle warfare. Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, you have sand. ...From a historical basis, Middle East conflicts do not last a long time." -- Dan Quayle.

"It was just a job. It wasn't any special interest in consumer affairs. I needed a paycheck and the Attorney General said that I would be best to go down there, because he knew I was anti-consumer." -- Dan Quayle.

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." -- George W Bush

"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. " -- George W Bush

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that."" -- George W Bush

"The economy is growing, productivity is high, trade is up, people are working. It's not as good as we'd like, but -- and to the extent that we find weakness, we'll move." -- George W Bush

"I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't." -- Sarah Palin

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?" -- Sarah Palin

As far as imagining these august personalities making a bone-headed statement like Joe's...you tell me.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

"The Vice Presidency isn't worth a bucket of warm piss."
- John Nance Garner

You left that one out.