Saturday, July 18, 2009

Camp Blownstar - Unplugged

This morning I got a chance to play some music with Denny, of The Grouchy Old Cripple blog. More and more YouTubes of this weekend are surfacing.

Don't ask why I'm the one in the wheelchair.

Don't ask why Denny is wearing a Mikhail Gorbachev hat with an "OBAMA 08" logo.

I've wanted to meet this guy ever since I started reading him three or four years ago. It was worth the wait. Denny is a great guy whose laugh comes from waaaay down inside and lasts for a long time. Last night, the owner-foreman of the ranch where we're staying in Bandera had Denny and me laughing until we cried.

Don't ask me about any of the dog jokes. Just don't. Don't ask why I'm holding a bottle of red "Leninade" beer. It came with the hat.


Don't ask. Just. Don't. Ask. I have laughed more in the last three days than in the last three years.



And if that's not enough....





Will post some of Denny's songs as Leslie posts them. BTW, check out Leslie's site when time permits. Leslie lives in Chicago, and has a site called Leslie's Omnibus. Interesting stuff.

6 comments:

Sew daze said...

Where is the owner of the wheel chair...Is he tied up with toilet paper to a chair inside?

Unknown said...

Keep picking the guitar and singing, relaxing and bloging. Enjoyed your talent!

TarrantLibertyGuy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr Ralph said...

I want me some o' that Leninade beer. Where on God's green earth did you find it? The hat I can do without.

CharlieDelta said...

Damn, I wish I would've been sober enough (or awake?) to remember that...

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Yeah, but your loss was our gain. You provided a lot more entertainment ! ! !

Glad you're up and around again, CD.