Monday, February 9, 2009

My Economic Crisis Story (as requested by Governor Tim Kaine)

I'm still getting emails from Barack Obama. (I sent him $12.50 to help him defeat She Whose Name Is Not Spoken, and that got me on his mailing list.)

The man is still in campaign mode. They've sent out a video of Governor Tim Kaine explaining the Donor Compensation And Mommy Party Long Time Wish List Plan Economic Stimulus Plan.

Here's the Governor's request:

It's up to you to share and collect the real stories of this economic crisis. America needs to hear how this crisis is affecting your life and why the economic recovery plan is important to you and your community.You can record your story in the form below, on video, upload photos, or call a special toll free number to tell your story in your own way.
Once you submit your stories, they'll be made available to the public to show how critical it is to support the economic recovery plan.


Well, let me tell you about my day and my story, you rent-seeking bastards.

While you were trying to push through a "stimulus" plan that includes $88.6 million for new construction for Milwaukee Public Schools, which, reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, have shrinking enrollment, 15 vacant schools and, quite logically, no plans for new construction, some co-workers of mine were laying off 80 great employees.

While you were advocating a freakin' joke of an "economic" plan that includes $75 million dollars for anti-smoking programs, and $400 million for STD and HIV prevention, I was cutting some 40-hour a week employees back to 32 hours.

When you were pushing a $400 million dollar subsidy for Global Warming Research, a great lady lost her sales job, and sent me an email asking that I keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't pray much any more. But I do have thoughts.

I think you con artists should do us all a favor. Call in sick tomorrow. And the next day and the next. Stay home through the end of the year, and work on not paying your taxes. Stop muddying the waters. Come back to what we laughingly call your "work" when the recession is over.
We'll all get back to work a lot faster if we can keep you out of our pockets.

Submitted to Obama's "Share Your Economic Crisis" page on 2-9-09 at 8:50 p.m.

2 comments:

cosmo said...

Yeah I just registered to vote via his website and I'm still getting emails. It annoys me.

Anonymous said...

Wow. What an angry post - and understandable. I see Obama - or shall I say his marketing crew - are really trying their best to make the best of this crisis! It almost looks like as if they expected people to get together, help each other and patiently wait until this crisis is over. But more I read, less it seems that this thing will go away any time soon.
Julie