Saturday, March 28, 2009

Plans for Earth Hour - Carbon Offset Needed !

Tonight brings us Earth Hour, which we're supposed to observe tonight at 8:30 by turning off all our lights for an hour....

For the first time in history, people of all ages, nationalities, race and background have the opportunity to use their light switch as their vote – Switching off your lights is a vote for Earth, or leaving them on is a vote for global warming. WWF are urging the world to VOTE EARTH and reach the target of 1 billion votes, which will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009.

Since I believe that Anthropogenic Global Warming is a massive vat of Goremanure, I intend to do the following:

1) I'm playing guitar tonight at a church event. Eleven is better.
2) My immediate family and I will ride to this event in three different vehicles. Two SUV's and a Ford F-150.
3) It's unseasonably cold in Texas this weekend, so I'm going to crank up the heat. Hotter than the Oval Office.
4) Someone who buys into the AGW con, someone susceptible to marketing, someone extremely gullible, can you help me out with something? I need for you to turn your lights out for three hours tonight. Let me know you've done so, and I'll give you credit for being my Carbon Offset.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They really shouldn't schedule Earth Hour during March Madness.

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

Smith: They can play by candlelight like they did when Naismith made up the game.

WS: I hope you broke out the Eddie Van Halen "Implosion" guitar solo - at eleven. I watched Spinal Tap again... Sadly, I've seen it so many times I knew all of their wretched songs by heart.

Dr Ralph said...

I turned out my lights when I came to hear you play.

Of course to hear you and your fellow Randinistas talk, you'd think I was in the dark most of the time.

(PS to other readers, he needs that carbon offset because WS was smokin' last night!)