Monday, November 30, 2009

A Political Quiz

The Whited Mama, who nurtured my love of books, laughter, ideas, and groceries, sent me a link to this political quiz.
I got 12 out of 12, which is probably a sign that I'm spending way too much time on the internet.

Please post results below. Any readers in the U.K. (ok, Cedric, I'll throw in South Korea) get two bonus points just for playing.

Touching moment from my Thanksgiving weekend.... My mother decided that when she dies, I get her ashes, since the other three siblings didn't want them.
You have to know us to understand why we all think this is funny.

9 comments:

JT said...

Was that supposed to be hard? I got 12 out of 12, so I am in the top 2% with you!

I like how they worded most of the questions, beginning with, "Do you happen to know..."

Anonymous said...

11/12, I didn't realize there were that many troops in Afghanistan!

Charles said...

First quiz I've aced since the 9th grade, educated guesses on a couple....hard to imagine 98% of the public can't get all 12....

Anonymous said...

11/12.
Missed the unemployment rate, I said 10%.

B Woodeman
III-per

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Well, I was gonna follow up with something blasting the American mainstream media, since nobody can pass this test, but you people are blowing the curve....

Hey, I've got an idea ! I'm going to massage the data to make you all look, well, dumber than you really are, and then I'm going to throw away your original test scores, and the only people I tell about it will be those who judge my work and who also thing there are too many dumb Americans, and then I won't have to alter the post I was gonna write about dumb Americans !

Would that be fair?

Cedric Katesby said...

9/12.
However, I will shamelessly take the bonus two points for being a foreigner.
As a military history buff, I disappointed myself by missing the Afghan troop numbers.
:(

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

12/12 Lucky guess on Afghan troop level.

RAB said...

I got 8 Sep, but then I am Welsh, so I'll take the bonus points.

The worrying thing for you guys is I am so high above your national average.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

All,
Since posting this, I've sent the link to about a half dozen friends and employees, not the blog link, but the site link.

All I'm gonna say is that it's getting ugly out there. I'd call the average score a six.

This is from the Pew Research Center, BTW.