Friday, February 19, 2010

Why I love watching Keith Olbermann

I was telling a friend of mine the other day about discovering the wonderful world of MSNBC, but I couldn't really explain why I'm drawn to that network.  It's like looking in on a sophisticated culture that developed without ever discovering the wheel.  Nestled in there next door to FOX Business, it's like a sitcom about Amish farming families trying to make it in Manhattan.  MSNBC is like a space shuttle staffed by The Flat Earth Society.  They don't, or can't, acknowledge the world that the rest of us live in.
 
This is why I LOVE watching Keith Olbermann.
In a recent rant about the Tea Party/9-12 movements, Olbermann says "Let me ask all of you who attend these things, how many black faces do you see at these events? How many hispanics? Asians, gays? Where are these people? Surely there must be blacks who think they're being bled by taxation. Surely there must be hispanics who think we should have let the auto industry fail...."
And he goes on and on and on in that vein.  
I don't know who the guy is that vandalized this video of Olbermann's rant, but he did a heck of a job. 



Well, Mr. Olbermann, you can go here and check out the pictures from my post about Fort Worth's 9-12 rally.  Hispanics, if memory serves, were possibly over-represented.  African-Americans were probably under-represented, especially women, but the men were there in fairly large numbers.  (Mostly older guys, ex-military, and wearing their camo/caps/etc. with insignia to designate their branch of service.) 

And please indulge me for indulging in this stereotype: I've NEVER seen Asians at these events, probably because they're too busy working.  You can go here to see that the Asian vote is almost evenly split between Republicrats and Demoblicans.  So far, they've resisted left-wing victimization programs.

I didn't take these pictures with the goal of filling racial quotas, as Olbermann seem to advocate, but the random sampling I posted kinda indicates that the 9-12 rally was a lot more diverse than (ahem) Mr. Olbermann's employer.

If anyone is interested, here are some interesting videos from Dallas Pastor Stephen Broden, speaking at the 9-12 event.  Do I agree with everything Pastor Broden says?  No, and I don't have to.   Do I like listening to him?  Yeah. 
Those of us who have united against The Teleprompter Jesus have something that MS-DNC seems to lack.
It's called "diversity". 


Maybe Keith Olbermann just needs to get out more and get a clue about what he's reporting.  That might help. 


Yet another coat of Whitening goes to Ed Driscoll for the first video link.

Update from 2-20-10....BUT WAIT ! ! !   There's more ! ! !    Where is all this video coming from that doesn't fit the preferred narrative ? 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I counted TWO black people in the rallies. And they were probably paid to hold signs - they won't be voting for the KKK in 2012.

[IMH] said...

Nikki:

Yes, they probably will vote Republican.

Wait -- you do know that the KKK was started and run by Democrats, right? Right?

Dr Ralph said...

Believe it or not, despite the unsavory reputation I enjoy around here (house troll), I don't have much use for Keith Olbermann, even though there are some places where our views may nominally overlap.

For all the head-butting he does with Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck and the rest of the Fox News blowhards, he's as obnoxious they are. Like them, he's political junk food: ultimately lacking in any nutritional value.

If I want to see political humor I'll watch Stewart and Colbert. They're more on target to boot.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Nikki,
Like I said, I didn't make a point of photographing every minority. But they were there. Go to the next event in your area.
Also, why African-Americans continue to support the party of Robert Byrd and Al Gore's Daddy is beyond me. Republican's had a higher % voting for the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act than Dems.
(yeah, yeah, actually I do know. $$$.)

Adrian Murray said...

Allen,

Thank you for taking one for the team and watching MSNBC. I cannot bear the experience.

Adrian

octogenariansblog.com said...

Hi there, Great article, I enjoyed reading. I too sometimes watch Keith Oberman, just to try and figure out, how any-one that beautifuly dressed, well educated, and articulate can be so screwed up and so far out in left feild in his thinking.I have to stop and remind myself hes like a poster child for what most colleges and Universities turn out nowadays. A mind-set which actually starts being molded in kindergarten.

Anne Cleveland
octogenariansblog.com