Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beautiful snow in Fort Worth, Texas

Here's the view from The Sepulchral Mansion this morning:



Here's the Whitened Black Whitedmobile:




I've already heard from those of my employees who see life as extension of the 7th grade. (Is it a snow day? Can I stay home? Do I have to work?)
If you're interested here's a link to the definitive collection of theCalvin & Hobbes snowman cartoons. Wonderful stuff.

Look at the Day By Day cartoon to your immediate right. It's about blizzards being a sign of warming, spending your way out of recessions, destroying villages in order to save them, and other concepts that seem like paradoxes, but aren't. There's a simpler word for these phrases: Lies.

If X is supposed to be proof of the existence of Y, then the absence of X cannot also be proof of Y. Ya gotta pick one, and stick with it.

Happy snow day ! ! Enjoy the warming ! ! !

8 comments:

Dr Ralph said...

Funny you should mention it: I took a snow day and am working from home.

I knew you wouldn't be able to pass up a chance to mention the thing that you're not going to write any more about so I gave you a shout out.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Doctor,
You've obviously had a good time communing with Nick.
Drive safely !

Dr Ralph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr Ralph said...

The internet often brings out the worst in me. It's why I primarily talk technology at the JOPRT these days (I can't spell worth squat either).

I've already warned my boss I'll be working from home tomorrow.

Hot Sam said...

Hello Ralph and Allen. I hope you're having a good, old-fashioned snowball fight.

I'm pretty proud of my PhotoShop skills so I hope you'll enjoy this:

http://powinca.blogspot.com/2009/12/infallible-ipcc-weather-indicator.html

I think I shall enjoy Ralph's blog for a while. Now that I know you are friends, I shall endeavor to remain completely good-natured.

My colleagues in DC had the entire week off. They normally have the PRIVILEGE of teleworking, but apparently they were not required to do so.

They must report to work tomorrow, but have a two-hour reprieve in the morning. Alas, the country was somehow more peaceful when nothing was being done in Washington, DC.

Dr Ralph said...

The youngest has been off all week ( he's at George Mason in Fairfax, just outside Washington). I think he leaves the dorm primarily to eat.

Oldrightie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oldrightie said...

You seem like my kind of guy!