Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Some presidential quotations

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself" - FDR

"I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman

"Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field" - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"And so, my fellow Americans, ask not blah, blah blah blah blah...." - John F. Kennedy

"I am not a crook" - Richard Nixon

"Our long national nightmare is over" - Gerald Ford

"I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming." - Jimmy Carter

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them." - Ronald Reagan

"Read my lips - No new taxes" - George H.W. Bush

"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." - Bill Clinton

"I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon." - George W. Bush

Ok are you ready? Swallow your coffee. Put down your Coke.

"To help address this, we need to stand up to the special interests, bring Republicans and Democrats together, and pass the Farm Bill immediately." - Barack Obama, on the granddaddy of all special interest legislation


From here, via here, via here, because I started here.

No comments: