Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Here's a picture of my father, the late Donald Gene Patterson, and my daughter, The Aggie
My father was the greatest man I've ever known.  The End.  Full Stop. 


There was a time during the "Men's Movement" scare of the late 1980's early 1990's, where men would go out into the woods and sit in drum circles and take turns slamming their fathers. 

I have no idea, no background, or no experiences to help me fathom what those guys were talking about.  Lucky me. 

If you visit this site regularly, what you're reading is merely an expansion of what I learned riding around our farm in his pickup truck.  While he would've never supported, say, the right to use marijuana or gay marriage, I believe he was doing the best he could with the light that he had to see by. 

I miss him so very much. 

BTW, for Father's Day, The Aggie gave me an original drawing of Peyton Manning, our football hero.  Pretty dang cool. 

No comments: